Are you an experienced electrical engineer with a high level of electrical power systems experience? Are you seeking the right company who values their employees as well as their professional development? If you’re also looking to work for an organization who values your input on strategy and new services, this may be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Nayak Corporation ardently pursues power system modeling and simulation. Our expertise in power system modeling, simulations, and studies cover a wide range of power engineering disciplines – transmission, distribution, renewable energy resources, micro-grid, system protection, HVDC and FACTS. We provide studies and testing services, in addition to sales, technical support and training for power system simulators and now we’re looking to add a key member to our engineering team.
- Apply power systems engineering principles to perform simulation studies and model development using tools such as PSCAD®, RTDS™, and PSS®E
- Develop mathematical models of power system devices and controls
- Maintain strong client relationships, meet with clients to discuss their technical and engineering needs, and provide expert advice on available solutions
- Deliver remote and on-site technical consulting and training services
- Write application notes, technical publications, and present them in professional conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, Skill Sets and Disposition:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or a similar field
- 2-4 years’ experience or equivalent combination of experience and higher education
- Experience with power system modeling software such as PSCAD and/or PSSE
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, as well as technical writing and communication skills
- Possess strong fundamentals of electrical circuits, controls systems, and electrical power systems
- Possess a positive, can-do disposition and delivers superior customer service and support
- Ability to travel by road and air, when necessary, primarily within the US
- Valid US driver’s license.
Bonus Points for the Following Experience:
- Project management and team management
- Hardware-in-Loop simulation using simulators such as RTDS
- Control system modeling using tools such as PSCAD and/or MATLAB/SIMULINK
- Power system hardware such as protective relays and controllers
- Programming languages such as FORTRAN, PYTHON, and/or C for engineering applications.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary, benefits, retirement, paid time off and holidays
An opportunity to be a big fish in a small but diverse pond; where your input and contributions are highly visible, recognized, and appreciated.